Sunday 21 January 2018

Tai Pan


Went to Tai Pan for yan ta - Chinese brunch with some of the gym crew - Andrea, Sarah, Lewis, Jo, Jacob, Rich and Jonny. Jonny had to leave early and didn't want to get in our photo.

Andrea, Sarah, Lewis and Jonny had never tried yan ta before so we thought it we would take them to try something different! I've never actually been with any of my mates only ever been with my family so I'll have to sort that out soon!



Selection of dim sums 


Chicken feet  my favourite!


Crispy chow mein with green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, pork and carrots


Egg tarts - also my favourite!


Jonny's orange chicken


3 meats - duck, char siu and crispy belly pork


Soup ho fun with pak choi 


Crispy belly pork


Custard buns

We ordered so much food and managed to eat all of it! They all enjoyed it and was definitely an experience. Chinese food is obviously the best not bias or anything!

We did go to the gym this morning and I did a 5k run with Jo and Jonny in the snow and hail!! I was an actual drowned rat but luckily Rich lent me his coat so was alright apart from the hail hitting me in the face actually hurt! My worst nightmare I don't do rain never mind snow/hail/sleet. I had to go to try and make up them miles 9 weeks to go!


After going to Tai Pan went to Costco with Jo, Rich and Jacob. We just went round eating all the samples. Come home and had crispy duck and pancake for dinner cos my brother was home.


I only managed 3 cos I was that full!

I was a domestic goddess yesterday I made lasagne and scones. Was in the kitchen for about 4 hours cooing and cleaning. My mum thinks I'm the worst daughter ever - well I proved her wrong didn't I.



Avocado and poached eggs on seeded bread for lunch post gym.




I thought I posted a lasagne recipe when I made it before but turns out I never so will have to get one up next time I make it again. I've made scones so many times so the recipe is here if want to make them! Productive busy weekend - back to it this week then a week off work!


No comments:

Post a Comment