Sunday 7 January 2018

Tavern Breakfast

The famous Tavern breakfast...

11 weeks countdown is on! Marathon training is actually going really well. As of today I've done 7 runs and today's was probably the best run I've done so far. No stitches, aches or anything - didn't want to stop at any point. Longest run I've done as well just under an hour so I'm definitely making progress! There was less hills today but I think it's going well! 

Yesterday me and Jo did a 7km in 40 minutes. It was hard I really struggled got a stitch in 2 places and my legs just didn't want to work for me I wanted to stop so many times but just pushed through it. We did start the run with Rich but we ended up losing him and he actually got lost and didn't get back till 20 minutes later but think he clocked around 12km on his own run.

Me and Jo went for another slightly slower run with Jonny and Sarah. Getting them miles in! 

Me, Jo, Rich and Jonny went to the Tavern for brunch. I've heard so many good things about the breakfast and the fact it's won The Nations best breakfast 2014 and 2015. With the longest queue every weekend without fail. I had to try it for myself! We got there for 1 and waited half an hour for a table.


I got the American - Beans, eggs, bacon, toast, home fries and a pancake.
I didn't know what to get cos I was debating on pancakes so opted for the one that came with a pancake. I was a pain and asked for poached eggs and my pancake plain no syrup. I'd just bought avocados and was going to have them with poached eggs myself so didn't feel like going for the eggs avocado!


Jo got the omelette.


Rich got the Mexican Soft Breakfast Tacos - scarambled eggs with bacon, onions, sweet peppers, crumbled corn tortillas hot pepper sauce with flour tortillas and sour cream.
I tried a bit and it was nice but wouldn't get it myself even though I was eyeing it up on the menu.


Jonny got the Breakfast Burger - all beef pattie, hash brown, smoked bacon, fried egg, hollandaise sauce on a brioche bun.


Rich got a stack of pancakes with extra syrup.

I didn't think the breakfast was anything special - I think it was the full English that actually won the awards though. The pancake was nice but nothing special. I did feel like I'd grown another chin after eating it all and did struggle to have the pancake after. I ate everything but left the home fries - not a fan of potatoes. The food did come out really quick though and you get unlimited tea or coffee. But we were stuck in the corner upstairs so the tea rounds were pretty slow.


No comments:

Post a Comment