Sunday 10 March 2019

13.1 Miles


Ran the half marathon this morning. It was hit and miss on whether I was doing it due to the weather. There was a yellow warning of 40+ mph winds and hail. When I got up it was just wet but then when I got picked up and on the way to town it started to rain. We put our stuff and got ready in Angie's Johnny's flat on Mann Island and I was tempted to just stay there and not run it but I was there and all dressed ready for it so just said I'll do it.

Our little group consisted of Jo, Sarah, Angie, Jonny and Ness. I was fully prepared for the weather with Rich's cap and coat on. I couldn't even see for most of the run as I had my hood up over my cap and it was pushing my cap down my face but it kept my face and hair dry!

It rained for the start of the race for a good hour until we got about half way round Sefton Park before it stopped. Me and Jo were there to push Angie and Sarah through it. I was doing it just to get the miles in for the full and wasn't bothered about my time, I was happy with my time I got last year and didn't want to risk getting injured for the full by pushing for a quicker time. I don't think I was going to do better with the weather anyway as when we got down to the prom I felt like I wasn't even getting anywhere it was that windy. It was taking your breathe away and badly struggled along there it was hard! So glad it wasn't raining otherwise I probably would have just gave up there and then.

Me and Jo stayed with Angie - Sarah told us to go and we thought she was going to catch up with us but just ended up running her own race. Considering she's not been doing many runs with us or been able to train she did really well to get through it! I got Jo from work round it too as I found her near the end just before we got onto the prom and crossed the line with her. Jo finished with Angie behind us. Jonny stayed with Ness and got her round her first half marathon.


Well done - yous all smashed it in horrible conditions!

We all got a shower in Johnny's and freshened up before getting some food








We went downstairs to Dockside Dining Club for some food...





Rich got quesadillas 


Duck gyoza


Pizza - flat bread


Jo got a rice bowl with duck and pak choi


I got sushi - no salmon though 

Dockside Dining Club - is like the Baltic Market different little restaurants but instead of it changing like the Baltic it just has the same ones all the time. It was dead in there it was just us and one other group of people. Most of the places were shut and when we were ordering food they didn't have what we wanted as they said they couldn't get a delivery because of the half marathon the roads being closed off. I need to go back when it's got more of an atmosphere as the food places are better than the Baltic more my food.

It's been a long day and week I am drained from it but the miles are in for the half. 11 weeks to go!
Running that today has made me even more scared and stressed about the full as I need to be running faster than today if I want to go within 4 hours..

Training steps up a notch from next week but for now I am ready for bed...




Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment