Sunday 31 March 2019

17 Miles


17 miles this morning and it was a killer! It was the furthest I got to last year before injury got the better of me and the furthest Jo did before she did the full marathon.

I went out last minute to meet Kelly and Josh in Woolton Village as she was home for the weekend. Was suppose to be going to brunch this morning but I had to run so felt like I had to see her last night even though I was in bed when she messaged me to meet her. Her brother John and his mates were out too. I wasn't drinking as I drove up and I'm not drinking until after the marathon. 

It was nice to have a catch up, I haven't seen Kelly since Christmas and not seen Josh since last year I think when I was down in London staying with them.



 I wasn't actually tired this morning but did wake up like I can't be bothered running 17 miles which wasn't the best attitude to have when I knew it was going to be hard.

It started off alright and we decided we were going to run up to the point of 8.5 miles then turn back around as we couldn't plan a route which was a bit annoying as it meant we were running the exact same route twice. I'd rather go round in a loop and not have to go back on myself. It was also really annoying running past my house on the way back knowing I wasn't finishing as we were meeting Jonny at the gym as he was running with us but only ended up running 20 minutes and wasn't running the full distance so we should have just left him!

At no point did I feel tired it was just my legs on the last I'd say 4/5 miles when they started to get tired and didn't want to work for me. I really felt it on the last mile as my calves were so tight. It was sunny today which made it a bit harder with the sun on you but it was so much nicer running along the prom without being battered by 40+ mph winds! Dreading 18 miles next week already, you'd think building it up gradually 1 mile a week wouldn't be too bad but you really do feel it.


Did a short mid week run with Angie.

I might not have been tired earlier but it has definitely caught up with me now and I am so ready for bed ! Running is hard! :(


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment