Sunday 24 March 2019

16 miles


Yep the sweat is real - no filter post almost 16 mile run this morning.
We were doing 15 miles again with Sarah but we kinda left Sarah and she ran her own run... Sorry! You did say go... Did amazing though no way I could run 15 miles on my own. Even though me and Jo don't run side by side even just following her keeps me going. 

It was hot today and we did end up running against the wind a bit. It was a year ago when we did our first half and if it was today this year the weather would have been perfect -wouldn't have got wet! 

Jo's Starva on her Apple watch doesn't seem to clock the same. When we got back to the gym it said 14.8 miles so I said just run around the car park till it says 15. People must have thought what the hell are them two weirdos doing. But when we got back and I checked my phone it said 15.68 so I'm taking that as 16 miles!


So my plan was to do 3 runs a week but as we're upping the miles anyway, 3 runs a week is a bit too much so we've decided to do a circuit on a Friday night instead of a run to get my fitness up. Mix it up with cardio and weights.


Did 3 miles with Angie on Wednesday for our short mid week run.

17 miles next week - which was the most miles I did last year before I ended up dropping out due to injury. But it was also the highest Jo got to before she ran the marathon. 
I'm definitely fitter and training is going better than last year even though I still wish I did it last year to get it done and out the way. All this training is going to pay off - I've not trained for nothing! 9 weeks and counting and it will all be worth it and over.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment