Saturday 29 August 2020

Record Store Day 2020


5 months later finally reunited with Holly! The last time we seen each other was back in March the weekend before lockdown happened where we went to Tiny Rick's Cafe to play board games.

For my birthday Holly said she would get me the special Record Store Day 2020 release of  Bastille - All This Bad Blood. Go to town to get the record and have lunch at Naked Noodle which was pre planned before I went with Jo on Wednesday night. We got to town for 10:30 there was a small queue. We were so lucky because we got the last record in the shop! Holly joked while we were outside "what would you do if the person in front got the last one." It was the last one at the front of the shelf as well and they said they did sell a couple already this morning so we got there at the right time as it was open from 8am.



It's Bastille's first album but the extended version. I already have Bad Blood on vinyl that Callum got me 2 years ago for my birthday. This also has Other People's Heartache which is the first mixtape of cover mash ups they put out that has never been on vinyl.



I finally own a record player! But actually really scared to open my record's I do have and play them on it. It's nice and compact so doesn't take up much room which I will need to try soon as I can't just leave it to collect dust.

We went round and did some shopping then went to Naked Noodle for lunch at around 1. Everything felt so much more expensive without the half price discount.



Grilled Salmon Roll - Salmon, avocado, sweet sauce, crunch - £12


Avocado Maki - £4




Tempura Roll - Salmon, Avocado with Teriyaki Sauce - £12


Chicken Gyoza - £6



Matcha Mochi Ice Cream - £2.80

The sushi was really nice but the gyoza wasn't as good as when I went with Jo. These were overcooked and looking a bit burnt. The mochi ice cream was nice and refreshing for after.

It was so nice to finally catch up and see each other face to face. It was also weird being in town as it was busy but we never actually went to Liverpool One. Not really a fan of having to wear a mask in all the shops and having to use hand gel when you enter as it dries my hands out. But this is the new normal. We had to queue to go into most shops but it went really quick even for Primark even though the queue was long and around the shop.


Thanks Holly for the best birthday presents!


Twitter || Instagram || Facebook || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment