Sunday 15 January 2023

Weekend Fun


Fun filled start to 2023.. 

Friday Night


Dan was down so on Friday night I met up with him and we went to Rudy's Pizza on Castle Street for food. I'd looked at the menu about 10x and couldn't decide what to get and ended up getting one of the specials


Pesto Rosso - San Marzano Tomato, fior de latte, pesto, yellow cherry tomatoes, capers, white onion - £12.50

I said no rocket and chilli and when I got back later on I think they took the pesto off as well because I don't remember tasting and looking back at the photo I don't see pesto! It was nice but would definitely have been nicer if there was pesto! Dan chose there as he loves pizza and is dairy intolerant and do the best vegan cheese.
After we went to Roxy's for a drink and then didn't know where else to go but it was nice to catch up as the last time I seen him was in October for his wedding.


Saturday Night


It was Holly's nephew Adam's 18th birthday party. While I was getting ready Dan messaged to ask if me and Holly wanted to go for a night out.. We were contemplating it and undecided because Holly was going to Birmingham in the morning and wanted to be home and in bed by 12:30am... But we did end up going as he was only meant to be staying the one night. Dan was meeting his other mates then was meant to be getting the train home but him and Ben decided to stay the night (Ben wasn't even meant to be staying so had nothing) and stayed in the Adelphi! The worst hotel going surprised they survived the night.

I got to the party for 8pm and we left at 10:30pm. I drove to town to meet Dan and Ben. We didn't end up taking any photos at the party as the lighting was crap. 

I parked as close as I could and met them in the Shipping Forecast which weirdly shut at 12am. We ended up staying out a bit longer than planned and went to Heebie Jeebies. Ended up getting home at 2am.. The music was alright in Heebies but I was too sober for it and we felt so old as half of the place was full of actual 18 year old kids then the other half were our age and older. We were just in the middle near the door closer to the younger group in denial!





We had a good night but my feet were killing as Holly made us go out in heels even though I had boots as I can't drive in heels. Drinking probably would have helped but then I wouldn't have lasted as late out and would have struggled getting in and out of town so there's perks of not drinking. Not that I have a choice, just can't drink even if I wanted to!

Sunday


Kelly and Josh were home so we went for roast. We went to Leaf on Smithdown. We did originally go to The Crafty Swine but they didn't have a table for 6 people where as Leaf looked busy but had a table for us.







I did make Danielle swap seats with me so I was on the right side for this photo..


Roasted Pork Belly - gravy, roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire pudding & seasonal vegetables - £15.95


Beef Featherblade -  gravy, roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire pudding & seasonal vegetables - £15.95


Mixed Nut Roast -  gravy, roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire pudding & seasonal vegetables - £14.50


Me Danielle and Kelly got the pork, Josh and Hannah got beef and Matt got nut roast. There was chicken breast but everyone just said that's something you can easily make at home so didn't go for it. It was nice but the potatoes had nothing on Matt's.. They were soggy. Also I only like having gravy on the meat and Yorkshire pudding and not on the veg. The gravy was very thin and watery - I like my sauces to be nice and thick!

After we went for a drink in Danielle and Matt's which was nice and cosy. Got a bit too comfortable and forgot we have work in the morning so have to leave!

Had a nice fun filled weekend seeing everyone. The spontaneous night out is something that happened quite a bit when Dan did live in Liverpool so no surprise him wanting to do that! Definitely feel too old for town now though but it's a good start to 2023 doing more fun things and saying yes!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment