Sunday 1 January 2023

New Year's Eve 2022


Happy New Year!
2022 is officially over. What a mad year it's been starting with some restrictions and ending with basically no-one caring anymore about covid. Still very much trying to process 2020 though how that was 3 years ago now...

The year ended like any other day with my last gym session of the year in the morning then went to Nanny Wing's for dinner at 5pm. Bit of a mixed spread; roast - left over turkey from Christmas, grandma's pasta and noodles...


On the paper plates again to save on washing which I'm not a fan of but then I can't complain if I'm not doing the washing.


Nanny Wing with her gran kids and great gran kids minus Gavin cos he got off early to start his new year's eve.


Amelie wasn't well so wasn't up for any more photos and saying cheese

Everyone got off about 8pm as they had other plans. I left at 9pm to go to Kelly's. It was just me, Josh, Hannah, Josh's mate from home Dan and his dog Dunc and Kelly's uni friend Lucy. Met Dan the other month when he was down in Liverpool with his spaniel Dunc and Lucy 10 years ago when I visited Kelly in Leeds at uni.

Nothing wild we played Articulate. We did random pairs - Me and Lucy, Kelly and Josh, Hannah and Dan.


Kelly and Josh won, me and Lucy came second then Hannah and Dan came badly last. They were rubbish. Lucy, Hannah and Dan had never played before but all 3 were rubbish at guessing and describing. Hannah and Dan were stuck on the "random category" for about 3 rounds and just couldn't get off it. Hannah got off at 11:30pm so Kelly's mum came to jump in and replaced Hannah to describe to Dan, fairly better but still not great. Lucy had us stuck on "person" for a round. I'm too competitive to not be moving around the board!



It was a good night I didn't end up leaving till 3:30am as we were just talking. I wasn't even drinking - if I was drinking there would have been no way I would have lasted that long though. Eventually got into bed at 4:15am then was up at 8:30am to get to the gym when it opened at 10am. Surprisingly  didn't feel that tired when I got up. Got back had some lunch then went to see Avatar: The Way of Water with Holly at Odeon Luxe Switch Island. We saw it in iSense 3D (no idea what I sense is and all the other options you can pay extra for. Our tickets were free so we went for the most expensive ones.) It was good but didn't need to be nearly 3.5 hrs longs though. Parts of the story just dragged out and I think we would have been alright not seeing it in 3D because the glasses were getting annoying. Near the start when they were swimming in the water I did think I was going to fall asleep but then once the fighting action scenes kicked in that kept me awake. Starting to feel it now and definitely ready for bed!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment