Sunday 9 November 2014

Afternoon tea for three

This always happens I have no social life then everyone decides to go out.. I was out for lunch on Friday with Kelly, Danielle & Hannah then today I went for afternoon tea with Holly & Gabby. Gabby was home for the weekend & it's my last free weekend before I start working weekends & not being able to go to the gym which is killing me knowing I can't go to boot camp on Saturday mornings (my favourite & best class I go to) or circuits on Sunday mornings! :(

I'm going to have hardly any time for the gym now that I have 2 jobs which makes me sad as I love going to the gym it's my second home I spend so much time there! I've said this before but the gym is the best investment I've ever made. It's been a year since I've joined & I don't regret it at all. Even though I've made more progress & seen change more the past couple of months then have the whole year... But at least there is progress eventually.. The endorphins you get from the gym is so real it makes you feel a million times better after it, relieves stress, gets you fit, gets you stronger, makes you happy the list of benefits is endless! 

Going for afternoon tea kind of just ruins the whole point in going to the gym though... I've been wanting to try it for ages. We went to Cuthbert's on Mount Pleasant which is a cute little bake house that does tea & cake.


Bike Coat - H&M
Scarf - Urban Outfitters
Bag - Zara
Pants - H&M
Cutout Boots - Zara




Mine & Holly's

Scone, chocolate cake, almond cake with creme patissiere, pistachio macaron, choclate macaron, raspberry tart with creme patissiere, smoked salmon & cucumber on crispy bread, coronation chicken sandwich, beef with rocket & tomato on crispy bread & we think it was goats cheese with cranberry sandwich.


Gabby's veggie

Same cakes but she had roasted mushroom & peppers on crispy bread, think goats cheese with cranberry & salad sandwich, the other two had cheese on it too.

I ate everything apart from the chocolate cake as I'm not a fan of chocolate especially not as a cake so I ended up swapping with Gabby for her almond cake to take home. I ended up having her roasted mushroom & pepper crispy bread & her lemon macaron whilst also having Holly's smoked salmon crispy bread. I was so full & felt a bit sick. Definitely regret eating all that as I didn't have dinner when I came home. We did go quite late at 3 as me & Holly went to the gym in the morning.

I thought it was nice but I'm not sure whether I would do it again, definitely not any time soon but I have learnt for next time not to eat everything & to take things home with me! It's something you should try if you've never been before, especially if you do like cake as a treat as it's not cheap either. It cost us £15 each. It was nice catching up even though I see Holly most days at the gym but it's not quite the same sitting down & having a chat over tea & cake!


9-11-2014
Frood's photo of the day

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment