Wednesday 23 December 2015

Hot Pot






On Monday night we went to Sindy's mum's house for hot pot. It's been 2 years since we went to their house. We used go to their house Christmas evening or Boxing Day but we didn't get the chance to as we were in work early on Boxing Day last year. It was nice to catch up with my mum's side of the family even though my cousin Jess (went to Crete with) wasn't back from London & her brother Thomas is in Thailand with his girlfriend & baby Alex. I haven't seen Sindy since we went to Crete back in April.

Hot pot is a traditional Chinese thing of having a pot of boiling water then different meats, veg, noodles, fish, sea food which you put in to boil. It's really healthy & you don't have many carbs. We even had a live crab which my auntie chopped up before we boiled it.

I am so not ready for Christmas, I haven't bought any presents & don't have a Christmas outfit. But I'm not even stressed or bothered about it, I really should be but I'm just not feeling Christmas. Working up till Christmas day & after till the Wednesday just isn't getting me in the Christmas spirit sadly!

No comments:

Post a Comment