Wednesday 30 December 2015

Poppies Weeping Window

Today I finally went to see the Poppies Weeping Window at St George's Hall with Holly. It's been there since the 7th November & goes in 2 weeks time on the 17th January. I've been wanting to go for ages even though I've been to town loads within that time I've just not been down there. I wanted to get photos of it in the daylight but also in the dark when it's lit up.












 























Some of the photos were taken on my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken from my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. Selfies were taken on Holly's iPhone 6.

Hat - New Look
Shearling Aviator Jacket - Topshop
Bag - Zara
Leather Look Leggings - H&M
Timberland Boots - John Lewis

Holly was underwhelmed by them as the photos other people have posted does make them look bigger than what they are but they still look so good. There's not as many as when they were at the Tower of London but then there's no way they could move all them around on tour in different cities. 

Before they came to Liverpool they were at Woodhorn Museum Northumberland (12th September - 1st November). At the moment they're also at Yorkshire Sculpture Park (5th September - 10th January). Which I didn't know until I wrote this post I thought we were special & was the only place! They seem to be at other places for a lot longer than we've had them. But the face they've come to Liverpool I'm happy. I really appreciate & love stuff like this that happen in my home city. I really am like a proper tourist. I can't help it!

If you want to find out more about poppies you can herehttp://www.1418now.org.uk/commissions/poppies/.








Being tourists inside St George's Hall.




Tallest Christmas tree in the UK at Liverpool One. 30 metres tall, 280 heart lights. Doesn't really look like a tree... 



700,000 Legp brick reindeer sleigh & Father Christmas


Church Street Christmas Tree

Had a nice day being a tourist with Holly. We got into town at 2ish then wandered around till it was dark at like 4:30pm so we could take photos of the poppies in day light & when it was dark. The lighting wasn't grey cos it's was horrible day today. Luckily it didn't rain while we were out (umbrellas were a pain to carry around especially for photos!) but it was pouring down in the morning with Storm Frank!


No comments:

Post a Comment