Thursday 13 December 2018

5 months


Officially back running, marathon training is back on! I'm so happy to be back running again after 2 and a half months out. It's not been fun knowing Sarah and Jo have been doing runs without me and knowing that the marathon is 5 months away I've been stressing. I should be running miles by now.

I did a 2.7 miles / 4.5 km run yesterday on my own and felt good. Tried my new trainers out and they feel alright. They're heavier than my Nike Pegasus trainers but hopefully I won't get no injuries with these.


Sweaty mess even though it was freezing!

Did a 6.2 mile / 10.2 km run with Jo tonight. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to do such a long run so soon after coming back after my injury but I feel alright and it felt good. I've stretched and foam rolled.. It was a flat run and a bit of a panic run of trying to get some miles in me as it's been so long! I won't be doing more than 10 km till after Christmas, slowly building it back up and aiming for hopefully 20 miles before the race. 

Aiming to run about 3 times a week with 2 short and 1 long run - weather depending. (Running in the summer when it was really hot wasn't great but with it being icy cold isn't fun either!) I can't wait to tick off my bucket list and to have that medal around my neck, right now it's a struggle to believe that's going to happen but I can do it! 

I realised I never got my rejection pack to say I didn't get a place in the London Marathon. All I got was an email but everyone else got a booklet in the post that came before the email. So if I didn't get that email I would have no idea whether I got a place or not. I think a Half Marathon abroad might be on the bucket list.. But we'll see if I still want to run after this full marathon!


No comments:

Post a Comment