Saturday 14 September 2019

Allo Mon Coco


(Picture is from day 4)

The day after the wedding and the day after that - day 3 and 4...

Day 3

Tim Hortons


The day after the wedding me, Tracy and Chris finally went to Tim Hortons for breakfast. They are Everywhere. That isn't an exaggeration. They are on every corner of every street without fail there will be one. I can't even compare it to anything we have at home as we don't have anything that is everywhere. I guess maybe Maccies? Which they do have but not as many as I would say we do I guess. Tim Hortons is just an all day breakfast, coffee, smoothies, pastries and donut place. They have sit in restaurants and drive thrus.



They make your food as you order it but still can't make your order right or listen to what you say though. I got a BELT - bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato bagel and said no cheese.. There was cheese. Tracy also asked for no cheese but also got cheese. Good job we're not lactose intolerant! The guy that served us was useless though he ended up charging me for the change he was suppose to give me so I ended up getting a very cheap breakfast. From this day till the day we left Canada I think Chris got a Tim Hortons everyday. Definitely addicted to the coffee and the waffle sandwich - basically a sandwich/burger made with 2 Belgian waffles for the bun. Turns out there's 4 in Manchester if he ever needs a fix.

After we went to an outlet mall which was rubbish as we didn't end up buying anything. Things were more expensive than home so it wasn't worth buying. But I do wish I bought a pair of Nike React Element 55s they were £65 but I thought I would find better colours in another outlet but we didn't sadly so I missed my chance there.

Putting Edge


After we went to Putting Edge to play crazy golf and the arcade. I'm not great at mini/crazy golf I don't do tapping the ball gently I'm like whack it and just hope for the best so I didn't win that one...



After we just chilled in Tracy and Chris' Airbnb then met up with everyone to have dinner at a Chinese restaurant. 



There was so many of us squeezed together and there was definitely more food but just didn't get a photo of it.

After went to Dairy Queen and I got a dreamsicle dipped ice cream


Don't know why I got a medium I blame Debbie but the orange stuff was horrible and so sickly! I ended up getting a spoon and just scooped the ice cream out and binning the orange bit. It was basically like icing it was so sweet. I think a small would have been a perfect size as well especially after dinner. Kept forgetting their portions are bigger than what we have at home!

Day 4 

Allo Mon Coco



The morning after we went for breakfast at Allo Mon Coco with everyone.


Karen had to stand on her chair to get this Insta pic!


I got waffles with fresh fruit


Tracy got sausages, bacon, scrambled egg, toast and 2 crepes


Chris made his own breakfast pretty much the same as what Tracy got but with fried egg and got potatoes with his

It was mad the amount of choice and the portions were so big - there was too much choice like you could get anything really but I wanted my waffle fix!

Experimental Farm


After me, Tracy, Chris, Karen and Debbie went to experimental farm - it sounds like we went to some weird scientific farm but it really wasn't...



It's just a park! No experiments happening here so I don't think..











This was Ornamental Gardens with all the flowers. We just had a walk around.








These pictures make the water look nicer than what it was. It was pretty horrible and wouldn't want to get in it to do any of them water sports you can do...

After we went on a long trek for gelato... Debbie was like it's not that far we ended up walking miles and miles away from where the car was parked and near Tracy and Chris Airbnb is...





I got coconut and pistachio - the cone tasted stale though

Me and Chris were definitely not dressed for the long trek and it was hot. The one day we both decided not to wear our Nikes and was dressed a little more smarter than usual we walked round like the whole of Ottawa (that was a bit of an exaggeration). We were that far from the car Chris got a taxi to the car to come back and pick us up. After we went round this big Chinese supermarket which on the first day it opened had queues as I think it's the biggest one in Ottawa or was when it opened. Crazy rich Asians! We got some bits and went to Michelle's for food.


We got shawarma - middle eastern like kebab/wrap with meat and veg. Got chicken, beef, lamb, hummus, sour cream just to wrap yourself and then Chinese food down the other end for the adults. I ended up eating some of it though as I definitely need my Chinese food fix. 

I don't know why we didn't get a group photo or a photo of Michelle's house because it was amazing. Her house is huge, me and Tracy were so jealous of it. It's a new build in a new neighbourhood that's still in the middle of getting built. They have a walk in wardrobe that's bigger than my bedroom. They have so much space it's ridiculous. It made us so sad and want to move to Canada!

As I was flying back home on my birthday decided to celebrate my birthday early.







I mean it was unplanned they just turned all the lights off and started singing Happy Birthday to me! It was so nice and cute. 

On the way back we went to Walmart to get some bits.



I mean for the extra material I do think you should pay more! But $1 is nothing should be paying like well more as it's basically two shirts made into one! I should have tried it on for size to show how big it actually was. Karen said she'd never even seen that before.

Next Canada related post.. The cottage!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment