Monday 23 September 2019

The Elephant Roast

Sunday Roast - The Elephant



Yesterday I went to The Elephant for a Sunday roast with Jo and Sarah. Never had the roast before and been wanting to try it as I heard it's meant to be good.






Me and Sarah got the chicken


Jo got the beef. She couldn't have the Yorkshire pudding so asked for more potatoes instead.

The chicken was nice and wasn't dry as it was on the bone but the roast potatoes were solid so hard to cut through. They weren't crispy and just weren't a roast potato. There wasn't enough gravy especially when the Yorkshire pudding was huge - It was over done and a bit burnt and greasy. The sausage stuffing was super salty. Could have done with more veg.

Not sure why people rave about it as it definitely isn't the best roast I've had. I just don't think roasts are that good when you go out for them. I think home made roasts are definitely better. Was disappointed as I was looking forward to it! I may be a harsh critic but I'm not settling for mediocre when I'm paying for it!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment