Sunday 22 September 2013

Flapjacks!

So the last time I baked was well over a month ago when I baked a birthday cake for my dad for when he came home from Spain. I was definitely having withdrawal symptoms from not baking for so long especially watching The Great British Bake Off which I'm absolutely loving!
I baked the biggest batch of Flapjacks yesterday however I think I over baked it & used a bit too much porridge oats as they didn't stick very well!





This was actually the nicer tray!

The burnt black things are the sultanas that got burnt!

500g Porridge Oats
250g Butter (A whole pack of butter soften at room temperature)
6oz Sugar

Mix all these together then add anything you want to it! This time I put
Tablespoon Honey
Tablespoon Peanut butter
Handful of Sultanas
Hanful of Walnuts
Handful of Peanuts
Handful of Sunflower Seeds
Handful of Black Sesame Seeds

Bake 200°C for 30mins or less once it goes a nice golden colour.

This batch below was from the first time which turned out really well but I though it was too buttery so I put more porridge oats but if you want it to be buttery then use 400g of porridge oats rather than 500g. (I actually used 600g which is too much!)

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment