Thursday 23 October 2014

Auction

I went to Manchester today with my mum & dad to go to a house auction which was being held at Manchester City's football stadium the Etihad. We got there for half 10 but it didn't start till 12 so we were just sitting around really, looking at the catalogue of houses that were up for auction. We were looking at one house but ended up leaving at half 1! 

It was interesting just how you see it on tv, people there bidding themselves, people bidding on the phone. But there wasn't actually that much fighting going on, loads of lots didn't sell as they didn't reach the guide price. 


Leather Jacket - Matalan
Scarf - Urban Outfitters
Top - Original Penguin via Asos
Pants - H&M
Leather Cutout Boots - Zara

It was pretty warm today, highs of 15 which makes a change from the horrible hurricane we had on Tuesday which I got caught in walking to the gym. If that's not dedication I don't know what is! It doesn't feel like it's Autumn at all crazy weather!








I've actually had the chance to sit on one of these seats to watch England ladies a couple of years ago when I played for a girls football team. (I was like 13/14 I think? I wasn't very good so stopped but then also the team I played for fell apart). I also got to play at Manchester Regional Arena just next to it before we watched the match.

After we went to the Glamorous Chinese restaurant to have dim sum.






It's been a while since we've had dim sum & after eating it I felt quite sickly at how greasy it is with the sauce. Especially the ho fun which I didn't mange to get a photo of it as I was in the toilet when it came out, my mum & dad had already started eating it! But as you can see from the plate it was really greasy & I hate greasy fried food! Chinese food is healthy if you don't opt for the fried food. Also the restaurant only had a 3/5 star hygiene rating so I didn't want to go as anything less than a 4 really isn't good enough but my dad wanted to go so we did.

After working in a few restaurants even if they are given a 5 star it really doesn't mean they're the cleanest place ever because they could have just got lucky on the day they came to inspect or they knew they were coming. Whilst it can also go downhill but realistically they're not that bothered about hygiene & eating out really isn't all that you're definitely better off cooking the food at home yourself. You know exactly what's in it, make it to your own taste & know how clean it is! Until you work there yourself or see you don't realise but take it from me I know what I'm talking about but obviously it is nice to go out & eat to meet up with people from time to time, so I'm not saying never eat out!

  Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment