Tuesday 20 March 2018

5 days to go!


5 Days till race day!! 

Did my last run tonight with Sarah. We did 5 km which was a bit of a struggle as my legs didn't want to work for me. I did 16 km last night with Jo my last big run as the weather was bad at the weekend I didn't get the chance to!



Last night's run was hard as we had to hit a big hill towards the end and that just killed me off. I wanted to stop so bad but had to push through it and keep going. I did manage to get up the hill without stopping but was going so slow I felt like I was practically walking. I didn't get a stitch so I take that run as a success!


I did 7 km with Jonny and Angie on Saturday. It was so cold and I still had my cold so got a stitch as I couldn't breathe through my nose. It was a struggle probably one of the worst runs I've done. 

I am nervous and panicking a bit now but there's nothing else I can do now. I've done 26 run, Thursday was gonna be my last 5 km but I just need to just rest up no more till Sunday. I'm ready as I'll ever be right now and just want to cross that finish line with my medal and say I've done a half marathon! Tears might get me through the last 2/3 miles but I will get to that finish line without stopping within 2 hours! Everyone has or will be giving me a pep talk before the race so I should be ready for it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment