Monday 12 March 2018

2 weeks to go


2 weeks yesterday till the big race! I'm feeling slightly nervous and panicking. I've had well more sets backs then I thought and wanted. The night shoots I've been doing haven't helped and I've been ill from it.

Managed to do a 7 km yesterday but Jonny killed me off before we even started by getting me to go up 3 hills. I couldn't even breathe through my nose! I definitely felt so much better after it though.


Went for a 4.5 km run on Thursday after work with Jo and Sarah. I got the worst stitch as I couldn't breathe through my nose.


Definitely don't recommend running if you have a block nose or have a cold. You don't realise how difficult it is to breathe just out through you mouth!

Hopefully I have prepared enough and on the day I can do it!
The furthest I've ran is 16 km which is just under 10 miles last Sunday in the rain. That was the furthest we wanted to do before the race as on the day the adrenaline should get you through the last 3 miles! It didn't feel that bad so hopefully as goes to plan.


Looking like drowned rats after running in the rain all kitted out with Rich's wardrobe! Jo brought me & Sarah one of his coats to wear and she's wearing one of his as well! Sporting the Berghaus! 



Definitely going with my phone that we did 16 km and not Jo's 15.5 km!

Should be getting another 7 runs in before the race. The last one next Thursday night then Friday and Saturday resting for the big day! I'm panicking but also can't wait for it to just get it done and out the way. I really hope I've done enough and on the day it goes to plan and I finish without stopping in a decent time as well. It'll all be worth in 2 weeks when I'll be writing the post about the actual race with my medal!



No comments:

Post a Comment