Sunday 25 March 2018

Liverpool Half Marathon


I'VE DONE IT!!! I CAN FINALLY SAY I'VE DONE A HALF MARATHON 13 MILES AND TICK IT OFF MY BUCKET LIST!!! 

I am so happy right now couldn't be more relieved and proud of myself for completing it without stopping in a time of 1:45:20!!!

I was so nervous last night and this morning and kept waking up in the night! 
 It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be though. There was no point in the race where I wanted to stop, I just kept going running my own race. I think it did just click when I needed to! 

Rich managed to pass me on the prom but I couldn't let him beat me so I was chasing him down and towards the last mile I took the longest strides ever to make sure I covered enough ground so he couldn't catch me. The people watching were definitely like what the hell is she doing she's not even near the finish line yet! I did manage to have it in me to sprint the finish line to get the time I wanted!

Thanks Rich for chasing me cos otherwise I wouldn't have made the 1:45 time that I desperately wanted!!


The weather was perfect! Couldn't have asked for a better day! Angie's boyfriend Jonny lives on Mann Island and sent us this photo this morning at 7am. We left our stuff in his hence the lift selfie!





Last group photo before the race!


Thanks Jo for the support throughout my training and coming to support today too!




My dad come out to see me and I didn't even spot him was too in the zone clearly!

Dreading my photos cos my face will be so bad!  


Last group photo to my photo diary!!


They were doing free sports massages after the race so of course I made the most of it! I didn't pay £38 to do the race for nothing! 



Thank you Callum for coming to see my after it!! And Holly and Joe but we forgot to take a photo!! :(




We went to pizza hut afterwards. I wasn't hungry but needed to eat. I only managed to have 2 slices of the Hawaiian pizza me and Sarah shared! 



Everyone did amazing with boss times! Proud of yous all!


These crazy people finishing it that quick no chance!



So sad I didn't get a photo from the very first run we did the day after Boxing Day!

That's it 27 runs, 221.5 km/130 miles, 3 months of training, running in the rain, wind, snow, hail, sun - every weather my worst nightmare done for 1 hour 45 minutes of pain! I am so proud of all of us for doing it. Couldn't have asked for a better group to help me through this without them all I definitely wouldn't have been able to do the race and do it in a time I wanted and happy with! Well done Jo, Rich, Sarah, Jonny, Angie and Jack! We smashed it!! 

I've had a nice bath with bath salts and have a really bad blister on the bottom of my foot but no pain no gain! I will be wearing that medal until the next race! Jonny is saying the Liverpool Rock and Roll full marathon in May..8 weeks today... We shall see - watch this space I was thinking May 2019 but it looks like it could be a lot sooner! Going from never ran outdoors or done a race to my first half marathon in 3 months to doing a full marathon also in the space of 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment