Saturday 24 March 2018

East Avenue Bakehouse


Went out for lunch with Holly to East Avenue Bakehouse on Bold Street.

Carbing up for the big race tomorrow by getting the Bold Street Brunch platter.
Granola with natural yogurt, toast, poached egg, bacon, avocado & mini pastries - half a croissant and half a cinnamon roll. A glass of orange juice.
I changed the sausage to avocado instead as I don't eat sausages! 

Holly's been before and got it and I've been wanting to try it every since but I was disappointed. The orange juice tasted weird and the platter definitely isn't as big as what Holly got when she went. She got a big bowl of granola not a tiny ash tray! When she went think it had just opened but still the price hasn't changed so the portion size shouldn't have either!


Holly did a make your own with scrambled egg, avocado, mushrooms and home made baked beans. The beans were nice - it was like baked beans in a thick tomato sauce. 




Love that ET is in the basket of the bike!




I was disappointed by my platter but I'm glad to say I've been. It was really busy in there we had to wait to be seated and was full so people like it. The food does look nice but I doubt I'll be going again sadly!


Tomorrow is the big race day! I've got fresh braids in, carbed up had plenty of pesto pasta with chicken and veg for my dinner. Drank plenty of water, did my last little 10 minute run (run 27) just to keep my legs going and to test out my new earphones. 

There's nothing else I can do to prepare for it now apart from getting a good night's sleep and having a good breakfast in the morning! I've been going on about it for ages that the clocks go forward but actually completely forgot till Sarah reminded me this morning! So I'll be technically getting up at 6am rather than 7am. 

I was on Capital Liverpool breakfast show yesterday morning! They tweeted me after seeing my last post about doing the half marathon then rang me yesterday morning at 7am while I was just about to leave for work! I was sat at the bottom of the stairs. They asked me about preparing for it and they gave me some extra motivation for it. If you download the Capital radio app - location Liverpool > go on schedule and listen again > breakfast show >1:08:30 you'll hear me being super scouse!

If you download the TDL app and put my name in Julie Wing, race number 4098 you'll be able to stalk me to see how well I do. 

The next blog post will be me with my medal finally! 3 months of training for less than 2 hours running on a Sunday morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment