Saturday 31 March 2018

Marathon


So it's officially happening.. I'm doing the Liverpool Rock and Roll Full Marathon in 7 weeks! Sunday 20th May 2018 I will be able to say I've done a half and a full marathon in the space of 5 months! 

I think we are mad but me, Jo and Jonny are doing it. It's going to be a very hard 7 weeks but I'm ready for it. I've been saying for years I've wanted to do it and now I've got people who are willing to do it with me I might as well just go for it!

Training began today I went for a 15 mile run with Jo. The weather was horrible it just didn't stop raining for a good 2 hours. We ran for about half an hour without rain. We just had to go for it though to get them miles in. We did start with Laura who ran 10 miles with us from the gym in Belle Vale all the way down to Speke retail park, Garston, Allerton then we dropped her off at the gym and we went down to Huyton then back to the gym. It was hard as my legs still haven't recovered from Sunday's run. We just took it really slow just to get the miles in and not for time. I struggled and could feel blisters forming on the bottom of my toes! My legs are going to be sore for the next 7 weeks now but no pain no gain! 

We've got a plan set out on how many miles we need to run each week up until race day with 22 miles being the max we're going to do! We'll be doing little 3 miles throughout the weeks as well to train with the others who are doing the half and to just get all the miles we can in! I probably won't be doing any other training now just running. 

I'm out tonight first time drinking in actual months so I don't know how well that is going to go! It's going to be the last bit of alcohol I'm drinking until after the full marathon now. Marathon training is on ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment