Monday 26 March 2018

Portland Street 358


The day after the big race.. We were suppose to be going for a cuppa in Woolton Village but we ended up going to Allerton. We walked into Coast but they were full, then there wasn't anywhere else in the Village to go to so we ended up going to Allerton Road. We were gonna go to Maddie's waffle bar - closed. 109 Allerton - Full. Maray - Full. Mrays - Full. So we drove down to the other end - Smithdown Road and went to Portland Street 358 which was empty. The breakfast menu had just finished. 


Jonny got a white chocolate Kinda Bueno milkshake


I got the Mu Shu noodles with Cantonese Belly Pork - wok friend Chinese mushrooms, carrots, spring onions, garlic and hoi sin, tossed with egg noodles, served in a fresh omelette. 


Jonny got the chicken Katsu 


Jo got the same as me but with crispy chilli beef and a side of spring onion fried rice.

The menu wasn't great there was nothing I wanted on there and took ages before I settled on what I ended up getting. I didn't even like it - it was too salty and too much sauce. I ended up losing my appetite as well and just didn't want to eat so only had a couple of mouthfuls. Jonny lost his as well and couldn't even finish his curry and he usually eats everyone else's! Jo went all out and got noodles and rice! Sarah just had a coffee. Strange how this half marathon has made our stomachs shrink. Probably won't be going back again but the breakfast menu would've probably been better would've found something on there!

I'm so glad I booked the day off work today my legs are sore! So achy and was walking around like a penguin. What I get for sprinting the last mile but it was worth it! Capital Liverpool woke me up and rang me at 7am this morning to see how I did yesterday. Gave everyone a shout out but forgot to give Jonny one sorry I was half asleep and still in bed!

If you want to listen back download the Capital FM radio app > location Liverpool > Schedule and listen back > breakfast show > 1hr 09. It's so much better than the one I did on Friday! Back to reality of work tomorrow and back to the gym!



No comments:

Post a Comment