Sunday 12 May 2019

2 Weeks


So 2 weeks today I will hopefully have a medal and t-shirt to say I've ran 26.2 miles!
Unfortunately though I've not ran for over 3 weeks now. Instead of running I've been on the spin bike to keep my fitness up. Did an hour on the spin bike this morning instead of doing a run.

I've got a pain in my ankle and I've been to see a physio the past 3 weeks to get it sorted. I've got a tiny little tear in one of the ligaments which is causing me pain. She basically said my whole left leg - ankle, shin and calf is a bit of a mess - not what you want to hear when you've got 2 weeks before your first ever marathon! She has been doing everything she can do sort it and I've not been doing anything high impact and been on the bike instead of running.

She's been doing sports massages on me and they've not been pretty at all. I bruise so easily it's so bad. A bit of pressure on me and it turns into a bruise!


This was my right calf

Left to right > 1) An hour after the session. 2) Before I went to bed. 3) When I woke up in the morning. 4) The evening the day after. 5) Before I went to bed the day after. 6) Morning of day 2. 7) Morning of day 3. 8) After the second session. 9) Morning after the second session


Left calf

Left to right > 1) An hour after the session. 2) Before I went to bed. 3) When I woke up in the morning. 4) The evening the day after. 5) Before I went to bed the day after. 6) Morning of day 2. 7) Morning of day 3. 8) After the second session. 9) Morning after the second session


Left ankle

Left to right > 1) Night after the first session last week. 2) Day after. 3) Night of the second session (Friday just gone) 4) Morning after the second session (Yesterday morning) 5) This morning - 2 days after

So the bruising on my calves are gone now, they went after a week. When I told my physio I bruised easily I don't think she realised how easily and definitely wasn't expecting it to be that bad. They definitely look worse in person as well. Then when I went back for the second session she only put a bit of pressure on me and it started to bruise she was like it wasn't me I didn't do anything!! I was like yep I bruise so easily like an actual banana.

My ankle isn't looking too bad now I've iced it and the night I had it done and yesterday I put my feet into a bucket of ice cold water with 1kg of ice cubes. The first night I wanted to die it was that cold I couldn't do it for the full 10 minutes I was just putting them in and out then yesterday I think because I let the water to settle a bit before I put my feet in I managed to do a full 10 minutes without feeling like death.

My ankle is still delicate at the moment so I can't tell if it's still actually sore or not. But I'm hoping to do 3 miles on Wednesday then doing maybe 6 next Sunday for my last run before the race. I'm going to see my physio again either the Friday or Saturday before so she can do a flush massage and tape me up. I'm going with the pain isn't as bad as the sports massage so I should be able to get through it? It's annoying as it's all I've been talking about for the past year and I've been training really hard for it so to not be able to do it and not be 100% fit isn't what I wanted at all but things happen and you've just got to get on with it. Fingers crossed on the day the pain has magically gone/the pain isn't that bad and I make it through it!

Hoping the next update with be a lot more positive and maybe some good news! I'm going to Alton Towers tomorrow so that will take my mind of the marathon for it for sure.


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment