Tuesday 14 May 2019

Alton Towers


Went to Alton Towers yesterday with Sarah, Jo and Jo's brother Will. It was the perfect day to go it wasn't too hot and we didn't have to queue for any of the rides and managed to go on all of them. It was a short day though it was only open from 10-4pm. We left at 8:45am and got there just before 11am. We got 2 for 1 vouchers so it was £28 each.










I haven't been to Alton Towers for about 10 years. I was still in school when I last went and went with my school mates that I don't even talk to any more. Don't remember it being in the middle of nowhere and being so pretty. I remember we never went on Rita as the queue for it was too long and Air which is now called Galatica was my favourite ride. Also remember Oblivion and Nemesis but then all the other rides are new.





Rita


Thirteen




The Smiler

Jo and Will weren't going to go on The Smiler but of all the rides that is going to be the safest as there's no way they would let that happen again - if it did the whole place would get shut down so we convinced them to go on it and they liked it!


Oblivion

We went on Rita first then Thirteen, The Smiler, Oblivion, Wicker Man, The Water Rapids, Nemesis, Blade (Pirate Ship), Spinball Whizzer and finished with Galatica.
(The other photos aren't great.)

As they went on The Smiler it meant I had to go on the rapids. But I hate getting wet and having wet hair and convinced me I wouldn't get wet unlike in Florida.


Sarah got the wettest her back was all wet. My bum was wet and felt like I pee'd myself but did manage to stay pretty dry luckily.










Wicker Man

It said 0 minute wait for Nemesis and we were the next on but then the people that were on it were told to get off as they were experiencing technical difficulties. A car came in and a guy threw up right in front of the controller man. So that delayed it for a bit but it wasn't a long wait at all. After we were going to go on Galatica but it was temporarily closed so Will went on Blade the pirate ship with me but thought he was going to be sick. He was not feeling good after it at all. Then we trekked to the other end - Me and Sarah went on the Spinball Whizzer. 

Then trekked all the way back to go on Galatica for our last ride. We weren't going to go on it as we didn't think we would made it back to that end before it closed but I was adamant to go on it as it's my favourite ride feeling like you're flying! We got there with time to spare and there was still people queuing behind us. So glad we went did get to go on it otherwise they wouldn't have heard the end of it! It's still my favourite ride and wish we got to go on the front row definitely would have been even better - that's one ride you definitely want to get to the front for but as it was closing they didn't have separate queue for it.


We went on the Skyride - cable cars back to the entrance.



Not a day out if you don't get ice cream!

Had the best day and picked the right day to go. Was knackered when we got back but it was so worth it. My happy place is definitely at a gig seeing my favourite band or artist and upside down hanging from a roller coaster! My cousin's were saying Alton Towers is rubbish after you've been to Florida but I don't think it is as Alton Towers is big to get from one side to the other and there's loads of big rides!


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Pinterest || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment