Wednesday 21 August 2013

Why does racism still exist?

I went with my mum to see a house that she's looking to buy but we were 10 minutes late, so we think the estate agent had already left which meant we didn't get to in to have a look only from the outside.

While we were looking at the house there were 4 kids playing on a trampoline outside 2 doors down the house. They started shouting "ch**k, ch***ky, ching chong chow" at us. So my mum shouted back at them "WHAT THE FCUKING HELL YOU SAYING?!" at them so they ran into the house. These kids were like 6/7 one was maybe 8. We then walked towards the car & they came out again & started shouting racist abuse at us again so my mum turned around & shouted "WHAT YOU SAYING?! COME HERE!" So they ran back into the house again. Then 2 women came out & rounded all the kids to come out. Her son who was about 8 she listed off a load of his relatives uncles etc saying they're all Chinese. He was like I didn't say anything. She asked us was it him, we said no it was the 3 younger ones (2 girls & a boy). The other woman went to another house to get the girls mum out. She made them apologise to us. The older boy who kept saying he didn't say anything got shouted at by his mum saying that he has Chinese family, he might not have said anything but he shouldn't have let his friends say anything. Also she said to him that he let his mates one time say "ni**a" to some black people. Where do these kids learn these words from or even know what they mean?! The mum didn't hear the kids so I'm not sure how she knew what they said to us but she apologised to both me & my mum, shook our hands & made the kids say sorry a number of times. 

There is no way we're taking any abuse never mind racist abuse off ANYONE never mind little 6 years old. Where did they even learn them words I don't know. Luckily for them their mum came out & roared at them & made them apologise cos I'd feel sorry for them if they never cos I don't know what my mum would have done & the fact we were in a bit of a rush to leave as well. NO-ONE has to stand for abuse from ANYONE! People need to stick up for themselves & others if that was my dad he would have just walked away & ignored them which is not the answer cos they'll never learn & just do it again!

I apologise for the text heavy post but I felt I had to tell my story as racism is NEVER acceptable & will never let anyone say anything to me or my family no matter who they are! We're meant to be in the 21st century 2013 racism should be banished by now!

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment