Tuesday 27 August 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

On paper I'm 20 but physically & mentally still 5 years old...


Chinese Dim-Sum breakfast. Chicken feet, Ha Gow, Chai Siu Buns, Mantou Buns



Egg whites & Cream of Tartar to make a meringue

The yolks from the whites separated into a different bowl

White sugar


Whisking the egg white mixture then adding the sugar in slowly to make a meringue 

Sugar added to the yolks

Meringue mixture

Flour added to the yolks

Oil added to milk

Folding the meringue mixture into the yolk mixture




Veg for my pasta bolognese (the onions & garlic already in the pan with pork mince)







Tee - Miss Selfridge
Gold Chain Necklace - Forever 21
White Jeans - Topshop years ago
Shoes - White Hi-Top Converse

Today is my birthday I am the big 2-0. But it was just a normal day really just that on paper I'm a year older & that I was born this day 20 years ago! They definitely don't get as good or fun as you get older! You don't get as many presents & don't really do anything! I spent the day walking to Sainsbury's with Frodo to get him dog food, caught up with last night's Eastenders, ironed the pile of clothes & made pasta for dinner. Nothing different whatsoever. But I will be celebrating with my friends tomorrow, we're going to YO! Sushi for lunch as they've kindly sent me a voucher for a 1/3 off my food bill as it's my birthday! You can too just go on their website & register your details & when it's your birthday you'll get the discount! 

These white jeans I haven't worn since I was like 16 in 6th form! As they're white you wear them for a second & they have to go in the wash straight away! I did back in the day wear them alllll the time but evidently not no more, they're a bit tighter than I remember but still fit. They're a bit too long for me as the length is 34, I usually wear 32 but my mum got me them years ago in the Topshop sale.

My dad made me his signature sponge cake, I don't know all the exact measurements but I will do a post the next time he makes it with all the details! He covered it in whipping cream which I don't like so he made little fairy cakes which I'll be eating instead. Also cover is in fruit tomorrow as my mum was in work didn't do all the photo stuff.

Julie
XxX

No comments:

Post a Comment