Wednesday 2 July 2014

Florida

I apologise if you're sick of reading about America! We did so much & I took 1000 photos it was hard to put it into just 1 or 2 posts! Since I was away for that period of time without posting anything these 7 posts have made up for the 2 week drought! 

Date Night




It didn't actually rain luckily as we walked to Universal after giving up waiting for the I-Ride



Miso Soup




We got these cute bento boxes from Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar in Citywalk. Tracy got shrimp & I got crap I think, then you got a ball of rice, salad & chocolate cake which I actually liked even though I don't like chocolate! Tracy got extra salmon sushi.
It was really nice I do recommend you go there!

After we went to the cinema to see Maleficent which I didn't think was as good as I thought it would be with all the hype. This was the same for 22 Jump Street which we also went to see while we were there. I sound really critical but I'm not sure whether it's because I'm getting high expectations of films from all the hype about them that I'm disappointed when they don't meet it when I see them or that they really aren't that good?

American cinemas are pretty much the same as England only that they have butter popcorn, hot dogs but I think some places do? Lots of different sweets & drinks. Tracy & Laura got a fizzy grape fanta slushi which wasn't nice at all. The seats recline which make them comfier. When we saw Maleficent it was freezing cos the air con was on so low where as it was ok for 22 Jump Street. Tickets were $11.50 which is about £7 which is the same as here.




Dress - Mango, Bag - H&M

I wanted all these backpacks the Hedwig one was my favourite it was so cute! They were quite expensive though think they were like $30. 

The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon - Pitbull

The second week we were there The Tonight Show was filming in Universal. On the Monday night they had JLO performing, Tuesday - Jimmy Buffet, Wednesday - Fun (We missed) & Thursday - Pitbull.










Jimmy Fallon was making such a build about how amazing it was going to be, put your phones & camera's away it's going to be a party etc. Pitbull didn't even sing a full song! He sang parts of the rubbish world cup song he's got with JLO & Timber. Then that was it he was gone nothing else happened! Everyone was so disappointed it was like that it? 
Pitbull really is as rubbish & ugly as you see on TV but the fact we were there we were expecting him to be on for a while it was only 10 minutes! Tracy was so gutted to have missed Fun the night before cos they did a proper concert Laura & Ste went!


What I bought


Nike Store Orlando Premium Outlets - $75 (£45)

Comfiest shoes ever! Everyone should seriously invest in a pair of Nike Free Runs. They're so light & soft I just wore them for the whole holiday!
We don't have colours like this in England we just get stuck with all the dull boring ones, all the trainers are so colourful, loads of tie-dye, rainbow.



Vans in Orlando Premium Outlets - $47 (£28)

This wasn't outlet price as they're classics but they're cheaper than what they are here. They've gone up to £47!



Forever 21 - Orlando Premium Outlets - $14.80 (£9)



Forever 21 - Orlando Premium Outlets - $15.80 (£10)

I think these shorts were this price but I'm not too sure as I can't find the tag for it! These prices also aren't outlet prices the shop just happened to be in the outlet mall.
I think I only bought these for the sake of wanting to buy stuff as I hadn't bought anything about from my Nikes at the time.



I bought these sweets back they were only $1 where as they're like £3 here for a box!
I wanted to get Reese's cups but I was scared they'd melt & I never tried any while I was there but I probably wouldn't like them or be able to eat a full cup!

I've never had twizzers & we've only opened the strawberry ones, I'm not a fan since they taste of liquorice & I hate liquorice! I hope the mixed berry one is nicer. Also have no idea what runts are I just bought them.



If you go into any shop in Florida they have salt water taffy. My auntie bought so many of these Disney ones as gifts & bought some in other shops as well & gave me a bag. We've been given them as gifts before & can't remember what they taste like but my mum said we don't like them... So we haven't opened it yet!

And that's it for my Florida posts! I think I've covered everything in 7 posts. I don't think I'll be going back any time soon, with the amount it cost I'd much rather travel & see somewhere different since I could already tick off that I've been to Florida. Just need to see where my next adventure will be to, hopefully somewhere exotic!

 If you have any questions or want to know more please comment or message, tweet whatever & happily tell you more :)


Julie
XxX


Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

Some of the photos were taken on my Nikon 1 J2 camera while others were taken from my Nexus 4 phone & some from my cousin's iPhone 5 which is why the picture quality isn't consistent throughout this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment