Wednesday 16 July 2014

Officially a Graduate!

Tuesday 15th July - Degrees in the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. 

School of Law and Social Justice


After 3 very hard but quickest years in my life, £9,000 I have a degree in Sociology from the University of Liverpool!

It definitely was one of the best days graduating but mine was slightly different... I don't know how many people can say they've graduated with their 4 best friends. Danielle who I've known since I was 4 reception primary school, through secondary school & 6th form & now the same degree! Hannah & Charlie I've known since secondary school but we weren't that close until 6th form. 
 Also Holly who I also known since year 7 which is 10 years now!Who has a law degree! Her ceremony happened to be the same as ours. Kelly who've known the same as Danielle came up to celebrate with us after the ceremony to get photos with us which my parents got extremely snap happy. They had my camera, the family one & my phone together they managed 469 photos whilst also taking some on their phones which I've not seen. So I've tried to narrow them down to the best ones for this post!

It was a very stressful day & didn't go too smoothly in the morning whilst getting ready. The ceremony was at 3 but we had to be seated in the cathedral at 2:15. Which meant it did have quite a lot of time to get ready but things just weren't going well for me at all. I borrowed my cousin's heated rollers which I had in since the night before at 9 slept in them & ended up with a very sore neck then my mum had to go over them the curlers. I can't put false eyelashes on myself but was attempting to but wasn't going well at all I was really stressed & annoyed & didn't want to go at this point but did eventually leave the house before half 12.








Holly







Danielle



Steph

There was a marquee on Abercromby Square where they had awards, food & drinks. It was £10 for a ticket but they came out with the sandwiches. After getting these photos I went & got my portrait taken which I should have got done straight after I got my gown as I was sweating. We were so lucky with the weather! So far this week we've had the best.





I was wearing my mortar board (cap) wrong before these photos...
After these we went into the cathedral for the ceremony!






It was pretty boring & lasted an hour & a half. It wasn't how I was expecting it. We all lined up then had our name read out shook hands with the vice chancellor who said congrats etc. Then you walk off & at the end you then get your certificate which I thought you'd get on the "stage." You don't get a scroll that's only for your photo which is the same one that everyone else holds to get their photo taken.




Hannah
Our certificates that say we have a degree in Sociology!




Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral 





Danielle, Charlie & Hannah
Me, Danielle & Hannah graduated with BA Hons Sociology. Charlie graduated BA Hons Criminology and Sociology.
His is slightly different but we did the same modules, we could choose any modules but he was more restricted that he had to pick so many sociology & so many criminology modules.




Kelly will be graduating next year at the University of Leeds Geography!
















We had to return the gown at 6. I don't think we got enough time with it, you could pick it up from 7:30 but I don't think many people would have go it at that time. The morning ceremony is at 10:30. 

After returning the gown I went for a meal at Zizi's in Liverpool One with my mum, dad & brother Gavin.




I got the king prawn linguine with lobster sauce without chilli. It was alright.



My dad got this platter, that had cheese, king prawns, chicken, I think the bread stuff were garlic bread & them balls had cheese in. 



Mum got carbonara which was actually nicer than mine.

After I met up with Hannah waited for Danielle & Kelly to finish their meal. We went to Bierkeller were Charlie was with his friends.




On the way out we seen Holly. Didn't even know she was going to be there! We then ended up back her with Kelly, Danielle & her boyfriend Matt. 






Connor we've known since year 7 too. He goes to our uni too, doing architecture but isn't graduating till next year as he had to resit first year. He came out with us to celebrate. 

After we went to Heebie Jeebie's with everyone else this was around 11pm. But I couldn't stand up or walk any more in my heels. My feet were killing I was nearly crying at how sore they were. I'd had them on since 12pm & been walking round the most of Liverpool more than I did sitting down. Me & Hannah left at 11:30pm to get the last bus home but Hannah had missed her last bus home. So she ended up walking back up to Heebie's with everyone to get a taxi home with them but there was no way I could walk all the way back up so waited for my bus home. This is the first & last time I'll be getting a bus in heels! I eventually stumbled home at 1am. It was torture I kept having to stop & really wanted to walk bare foot but I was too scared to! It never felt so good to take my heels off. My feet are actually still crippled right now & only ended up going to yoga this morning since I couldn't do any thing else! I'm not wearing heels for a very very long time!

That's it no more uni it's finally over!! I can't say I've enjoyed any of it really apart from yesterday which was a lot better than I thought considering I didn't really want to go after my nightmare of a morning! I can't say I would recommend my degree or Liverpool Uni after these 3 years. Or uni with how much tuition fees are now. Also I had to pay £45 to hire the gown, £27 for my portrait (1 big, 2 small) with £7 p+p on top but doesn't come till 4-6 weeks after! I'd love to do a masters to say I have one but I don't think I can hack it so I think this is it it's time to go into the big scary world to earn my own to be a grown up but I'm really not ready for that! I just about held back the tears!


Dress - Topshop
Necklace - H&M Sale Mum's
Bag - Marc B from Topshop
Heels - Carvela Kurt Geiger

Hannah's Dress - Next
Danielle's Dress - Ted Baker
Holly's Dress - Ted Baker

Julie
XxX

Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment