Monday 28 July 2014

Giant Spectacle Liverpool 2014 | Day 3

Sunday 27th July 2014

Au revoir until next time...

Today was the giants last day I was up early & my parents did say last night we weren't going to go but in the morning I was like it's not raining, & we've been to 2/3 so we might as well make it the 3 also I haven't seen the grandma walking & it's the finale which makes it even better since we never seen the start. I was like I'd get the bus but by the time I get there they'll be gone as they were leaving at 12 which was annoying they should've stayed later. I wish I had a car & they probably did at that point too but they eventually said ok so we went! 

We went to the strand which was covered with thousands of people. You couldn't see the road it was just a sea of people! Yet again because we got there too late they were asleep in their beds ready to board their cargo boat home. I was slightly annoyed as I was up early but my parents weren't & took a while to convince them to take me so after 3 days I didn't get to see the grandma walk! I didn't even see her on the first day I only seen the little girl & Xolo the dog asleep. 

It was really emotional with the music playing out seeing giants going past in their beds & the lilliputians standing proud with the giants after their amazing work the past 3 days. People clapping & waving at them.


Top - Fruit of the Loom black tee cut myself from Amazon
Necklace - Forever 21
Pinafore - Topshop

Without actually putting much thought into my outfit & how I did my hair I actually look like a 10 year old... The only reason I did my hair in braids is because it badly needs washing but I knew it was going to be a nice day so I'll be sweaty so didn't want to wash it. I didn't plan my outfit all I had planned was the crop top & my pinafore had pockets which I wanted to be able to keep my phone by me if my mum or dad needed to ring me & to take photos with it as well as my camera.






The crazy man with the best imagination Jean-Luc Courcoult. He was wearing a bright pink blazer, teal coloured shirt, yellow pants & 3 tone coloured shoes! He is crazy but I guess you have to be to be able to come up with these 3 giants who have taken over Liverpool & taken the hearts of the city! Like how did he come up with this idea & then be able to convince people that it was a good one that would be such a success??

He was dancing doing all crazy moves to the accompanying band Les Balayeurs du désert.




The lilliputians have worked so hard this weekend, they're not just the people behind the giants but they are acrobats jumping, leaping, hanging off the ropes to make the giants look as real as possible. Grandma was controlled by 30, little girl 26 & Xolo 20. They must've been melting as well in their outfits!












Drummers on top of 2 cars stacked on top the other







On the mic shouting home much he loves Liverpool




Grandma's giant wheelchair!




Confetti & cards that say "your country needs you"





Getting put on their barge to sail off home to France :(












The lilliputains throwing dry ice into the water. And that's it sailed into the dock & left Liverpool.











You can rent these boats out for the night like you would an apartment to having parties, sleepovers in them. Holly stayed in the joker one (the purple one on the end) for her sisters birthday.







The cards that got shot out with the confetti.

I really hope the giants do return in like 2 years time or so like they did from the last time because the people of Liverpool have loved every single minute of it. It's estimated that around a million people have come to see them since Wednesday when grandma was asleep in St George's Hall. I can say that I was part of it when looking back. But none of my friends went to see them well Hannah did but she didn't intend to. She happened to be in town & only seen them asleep but didn't think anything of them which I think is a shame since people have travelled all over the world just to see them. It's different seeing photos or videos of them because it's just so much better seeing them with your eyes & just being part of it the atmosphere of just happiness.

I hope my photos & my posts have done them justice but like I've said experiencing it yourself is completely different. I'm so glad I did go out the past 3 days but I'm still sad I didn't see grandma walking or see her & the little girl hug but I can still say I've seen them all & they were amazing (how many times have I said that in my last 3 posts?).

I'm up early again tomorrow morning to try & get tickets to see The Killers do a walk up gig at o2 Academy Liverpool before they play V festival. I feel so nervous & stressed don't think I'm going to be able to sleep because I need tickets so badly. They're being really strict about them & there's meant to be very limited tickets with only max 2 tickets per person. I hope I get them! Wish me luck you'll find out on twitter tomorrow morning of the outcome!

Julie
XxX
Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment