Saturday 26 July 2014

The giants are here! | Giant Spectacle Liverpool 2014 | Day 1

Friday 25th July 2014

Memories of August 1914

The amazing Giant Spectacle are back again after their success & love from 2 years ago! 
For those who have no idea what I'm talking (I don't know how you don't) they are giant puppets created by Royal de Luxe who are a French mechanical marionette street theatre company. Founded by a very clever man called by Jean-Luc Courcoult.

The giant little girl & her dog Xolo first appeared in Liverpool in April 2012 to find her uncle a diver celebrating the Titanic. It was a magical story & was amazing to see them & how much everyone loved them. I thousands & thousands made the effort lining the streets to see them. I went to see them on the last day to wave them off when they left on the Sunday. 

This time it is to commemorate the first world war as August marks the centenary from 1914. Her grandma has been her since Thursday asleep in St George's hall with visitors queueing up to 3 hours to be able to go in to see her! 

This morning she was put in her wheelchair to sleep outside St George's hall & was woken up at around 10:30/11. She told stories of real people who went to war.
 The little girl giant & her dog Xolo were alseep outside the Queensway Tunnel who was woken at around the same time as grandma. She walked through Liverpool one whilst grandma also did too but they didn't meet.

The little girl & Xolo stopped outside the Chinese arch at 1 to have a siesta & rest. This is where I went to see her as my mum was working in town & I had to get some stuff from Forever 21. Town was so busy filled with people, roads closed so that people could see the giants.


Top - H&M
Necklace - Pull & Bear
Hello Kitty Belt - H&M Kids
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Bag - Zara





This car was in the way of my photos but she sat on it on part of her journey to the arch, they could have parked it somewhere better.



90's kids will recognise this guy in the middle of this photo.. I didn't even realise till I uploaded that it's Taj from Kerching! Anyone remember that show on CBBC? I used to love it when I was little! He also play Billie Jackson Carol's son who died of alcohol poisoning in Eastenders & has recently been in Hollyoaks which is probably the reason he's in Liverpool. I've spotted him around a couple of times. His name is actually Devon Anderson but me & Danielle always say Kerrrrchinggg whenever we see him!








So many people!!


The police officers & security people were getting in the away of people's photos but the camera's & phone's they're holding aren't actually theirs, they're people's from the crowd who've asked them to take a close up for them!





This was taken by one of the security guys for me


And this one!

I'm going out again tomorrow morning with my mum & dad to hopefully see them moving & to see grandma. They're sleeping in Newsham park tonight after meeting up & will be making their way back into town & the Albert Dock tomorrow morning.

You can keep up to date of where exactly there are by going on the Liverpool Echo website for tomorrow here & for Sunday here

You can also get information with road closures & public transport as there will be thousands of people everywhere you won't be able to move!

If you're going let me know, feel free to show me your photos or if you spot me! All my contact links are below

Julie
XxX
Twitter || Instagram || Tumblr || Bloglovin || Google+ || Last.fm


No comments:

Post a Comment